[aspect-devel] cylindrical rigid body rotation

Thieulot, C. (Cedric) c.thieulot at uu.nl
Tue Mar 4 05:09:43 PST 2014

Hi,

I am not sure I have a strong opinion concerning this issue. The reason I suddenly need it is because of the 2D cylindrical
benchmark initiated by Rhodri Davies. There are many experiments in their study and I do not intend to do them all.
However I am stuck at the second experiment because the net rotation of course perturbs my Vrms measurements.
Since there does not seem to be a consensus in the community, I think implementing both sounds logical, even more so
that they are not fundamentally different.
I have implemented the no net rotation formula that Ian mentions and it works fine (in the context of this particular benchmark).
cheers,
C.