[aspect-devel] ASPECT on Mac

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Wed Oct 1 13:53:46 PDT 2014

Looks like you are finding one problem after the other. :-(

>> Do you get something else when running in debug mode?
> I don't think so. Looks very similar, although the exception is again
> displayed very cryptically.

We fixed the error display in the development version of ASPECT.

I think the bug you are triggering is caused by a bug in Trilinos
11.10 that we fixed 2 days ago
https://github.com/dealii/dealii/commit/280c52af49859920a5e7da91fa3fa0c208b5724c
and it is not included in the mac package, yet. So it looks like you
are out of luck for now.

>> Also, it looks like you are running ASPECT 1.1. Can you install the
>> newest development version from git?
> I tried, but it gave an compile error, since the link.h couldn't be found.
> File is attached.

Looks like this library doesn't exist on Mac OS. I created an issue
for this: https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect/issues/218

http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/