[aspect-devel] ASPECT on Mac

John Naliboff john.naliboff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 03:31:09 PDT 2014

Dear Sylvia,

What parts of the installation are you getting hung up on?

A few years ago I installed an early version of ASPECT on OSX 10.7 (Mountain Lion).  I don’t have the notes from that installation but I remember it was a mess.  I think the whole process took almost 2 days and at that point deal.ii still wasn’t passing all of the benchmarks.  I was able to run convection benchmarks successfully, but it was still far from ideal.

I’m not sure if folks are currently running ASPECT on OSX, but a linux installation is certainly much easier.  One option is to run an linux virtual machine on your mac and install/run ASPECT through the VM.  This probably limits you to smaller tests models, though.

Good luck.

Cheers,
John