[aspect-devel] Solution goes wrong after restart

Siqi Zhang siqi.zhang at mq.edu.au
Thu Apr 9 23:05:10 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Recently, I have encountered an issue while trying to restart from a
checkpoint. It seems the solution is misplaced into the wrong place while
restart (See the two figures). However, the problem is not always
repeatable (sometimes it restarts fine), and it might be related to
something wrong in deal.II or p4est.

The versions I used to build ASPECT is:
DEAL.II         8.2.1
P4EST          0.3.4.2  (encountered similar problem on 1.1 as well)
TRILINOS     11.12.1
MPI                openmpi 1.8.3 (with gcc 4.4.7)
and I am using the most recent development version of aspect
(1b9c41713a1f234eba92b0179812a4d0b5e0c2a8)

I reproduced the problem with the attached prm file (using 2 nodes 24
processors total), I wonder if any of you would like to give it a try see
if it is a bug or just bad installation on my machine?

Regards,

Siqi

--
Siqi Zhang

Research Associate
ARC Centre of Excellence for Core to Crust Fluid Systems (CCFS)
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
Macquarie University
NSW 2109

Telephone: +61 2 9850 4727
http://www.CCFS.mq.edu.au