[aspect-devel] VoF Interface Plugin

Timo Heister timo.heister at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:23:18 PDT 2015

Hey Jonathan,

Option 1:
Add an additional DGP(0) field like you describe. This could either be
a "compositional field" (but we would need to add the option to change
the FE and disable solving for it), or an independent variable (see
free surface for an example).
Option 2:
Track the information yourself in something like a map from
cell_iterator to double. For SolutionTransfer/Serialization you would
then need to add a signal to transfer your data.

Both things are not possible in a clean way at the moment, sadly. What
should happen with the values when a cell gets refined or coarsened?
If you need to control this, you need to go with option 2, otherwise
option 1 sounds easier.