[aspect-devel] VoF Interface Plugin

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at tamu.edu
Sun Aug 9 11:49:32 PDT 2015

On 08/06/2015 05:23 PM, Timo Heister wrote:
> Hey Jonathan,
>
> Option 1:
> Add an additional DGP(0) field like you describe. This could either be
> a "compositional field" (but we would need to add the option to change
> the FE and disable solving for it), or an independent variable (see
> free surface for an example).

Actually, if you're doing this for a plugin, I see no reason why the *plugin
itself* shouldn't have a DoFHandler. I would implement this for a sequential
run first, and we can then think of ways how to work out what one would need
to do to make this run in parallel as well. But I think of using a DoFHandler
as a member variable of a plugin as a particularly nice, self-contained way of
tracking this kind of information.

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu