[aspect-devel] Turning step-53 into a geometry model

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at tamu.edu
Wed Jan 14 09:54:54 PST 2015

On 01/14/2015 11:43 AM, Fraters, M.R.T. (Menno) wrote:

> 1. Was Sarah's model only made as a deal.II program as shown in step 53,
> or was it also implemented in ASPECT? If so, will this become available?
>
> 2. If not, what would you advice to be the correct approach to get a
> working geometry model based on step-53 in ASPECT? Implement it in
> deal.ii or in ASPECT? And what would be the best way to do this?

There were other things than just providing the geometry that were
necessary to make it run in ASPECT. As you correctly observed, one needs
to somehow fit it into a coarse grid generator in ASPECT.

I have the file that implements this on my harddrive, but the model is
Sarah's and I think she should be the one to decide whether it can be
shared. (Only the geometry part, of course, not the material model etc.)

Best
  Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu