[aspect-devel] Configuring deal.ii

Scott Tarlow starlow at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jul 20 21:40:48 PDT 2015

I realize the Deal.ii mailing list might be a better fit for this question, but I’m hoping that since there is less traffic here I might get a quicker response.

Deal.ii  configures to the point where it says "Configuring done. Proceed to target definitions now.”, but then fails the target definitions:

-- Configuring done. Proceed to target definitions now.
-- Setting up compat_files
-- Setting up compat_files - Done
-- Setting up bundled features
-- BOOST::Iostreams will not support bz2'ed streams because libbz2 or its header files could not be found
-- Setting up bundled features - Done
-- Setting up library
-- Setting up library - Done
-- Setting up project configuration
-- Setting up project configuration - Done
-- Setting up mesh_converter
-- Setting up mesh_converter - Done
-- Setting up examples
-- Setting up examples - Done
-- Setting up quick_tests in DEBUG mode
-- Setting up quick_tests in DEBUG mode - Done
-- Setting up testsuite
-- Setting up testsuite - Done
###
#
#  deal.II configuration:
#        CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:       DebugRelease
#        BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:      ON
#        CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:   /home/starlow/build
#        CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR:       /home/starlow/dealii-8.2.1 (Version 8.2.1)
#        CMAKE_BINARY_DIR:       /home/starlow/build
#        CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:     GNU 4.4.7 on platform Linux x86_64
#                                /usr/bin/c++
#
#  Configured Features (DEAL_II_ALLOW_BUNDLED = ON, DEAL_II_ALLOW_AUTODETECTION = ON):
#      ( DEAL_II_WITH_64BIT_INDICES = OFF )
#      ( DEAL_II_WITH_ARPACK = OFF )
#        DEAL_II_WITH_BOOST set up with bundled packages
#        DEAL_II_WITH_BZIP2 set up with external dependencies
#      ( DEAL_II_WITH_CXX11 = OFF )
#      ( DEAL_II_WITH_HDF5 = OFF )
#        DEAL_II_WITH_LAPACK set up with external dependencies
#      ( DEAL_II_WITH_METIS = OFF )
#        DEAL_II_WITH_MPI set up with external dependencies
#      ( DEAL_II_WITH_MUMPS = OFF )
#        DEAL_II_WITH_MUPARSER set up with bundled packages
#      ( DEAL_II_WITH_NETCDF = OFF )
#      ( DEAL_II_WITH_OPENCASCADE = OFF )
#        DEAL_II_WITH_P4EST set up with external dependencies
#      ( DEAL_II_WITH_PETSC = OFF )
#      ( DEAL_II_WITH_SLEPC = OFF )
#        DEAL_II_WITH_THREADS set up with bundled packages
#        DEAL_II_WITH_TRILINOS set up with external dependencies
#        DEAL_II_WITH_UMFPACK set up with bundled packages
#        DEAL_II_WITH_ZLIB set up with external dependencies
#
#  Component configuration:
#        DEAL_II_COMPONENT_COMPAT_FILES
#      ( DEAL_II_COMPONENT_DOCUMENTATION = OFF )
#        DEAL_II_COMPONENT_EXAMPLES
#        DEAL_II_COMPONENT_MESH_CONVERTER
#      ( DEAL_II_COMPONENT_PACKAGE = OFF )
#      ( DEAL_II_COMPONENT_PARAMETER_GUI = OFF )
#
#  Detailed information (compiler flags, feature configuration) can be found in detailed.log
#
#  Run  $ make info  to print a help message with a list of top level targets
#
###
See also "/home/starlow/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/starlow/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

So I’m not really sure what the error is. I’ve attached  CMakeOutput.log and CMakeError.log.

If it helps, the cluster I’m trying to install uses intel’s compiler, which has caused some problems (but I’ve seemingly worked around them) building trilinos.

thanks for taking a look,

Scott Tarlow
Graduate Student
UC Davis, Earth and Planetary Sciences