[aspect-devel] How to grab the radius of every interior sphere made up from cell faces in the domain and some MPI questions

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at tamu.edu
Sun Oct 25 09:59:45 PDT 2015

On 10/25/2015 11:56 AM, Ian Rose wrote:
> Yes, I am saying that we don't need the index 'i' at all.  It is a natural way
> to do things if you already have a grid that has radial slices to pick out,
> but it is not necessary (unless I've made an error in thinking here).

Ah, I see -- yes, you don't need it if you've already decomposed the depth
into radial slices. What I mean is that the index 'i' can either denote a
slice/depth range, or some polynomial basis function. In the former case, the
(radial-direction) basis you are using just happen to be piecewise constants.

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu