[aspect-devel] How to grab the radius of every interior sphere made up from cell faces in the domain and some MPI questions

Ian Rose ian.rose at berkeley.edu
Sun Oct 25 10:05:10 PDT 2015

But what I am suggesting is that we do not need to decompose it into radial
slices in the first place. We can just operate directly on the
volume-integral form of the multipole expansion.
>From Wikipedia:
[image: Inline image 2]
[image: Inline image 1]

If we take the formula for Q_lm and restrict it over a thin radial shell,
we can pull out the r^l and get the usual formula.  If we instead just do
the integral directly, over the existing finite element mesh, we can get
all the Q_lm and therefore evaluate \Phi

Ian