[aspect-devel] Trilinos problems ( I guess )

Jonathan Perry-Houts jperryh2 at uoregon.edu
Fri Sep 11 14:58:59 PDT 2015

For me it's only been on the university's cluster. My workstation and
laptop have been just fine.

I finally solved it by moving to a newer compiler (I was using OpenMPI
1.6 built on GCC 4.7, and now I'm using OpenMPI 1.8 on GCC 4.9).

I think it's not a problem in ASPECT or deal.II because I went back
pretty far in the git history (like 150 commits back, in increments of
50) and they all failed with the same error. Deal.ii's step-32 worked
the whole time, but I don't think it uses the same preconditioner so
that's probably not a fair check that the problem wasn't in deal.ii.

Well, whatever. At least it seems to work here now. Sorry I didn't find
anything more diagnostic that might help solve this on your desktop,
Wolfgang. Keep us posted if you figure it out.

Cheers,
Jonathan