[aspect-devel] A weird error with MPI postprocessing

FELIPE ORELLANA ROVIROSA f_orellana at berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 29 13:42:35 PST 2016

 Hello Shangxin,

    My name is Felipe, I am a PhD student.

    I am learning how to run Aspect, in parallel.

    On average, what percentage of the Aspect output files (pvtu for
example)
 can you actually and successfully read in Paraview? I mean with no errors.

    I know errors can come from the cluster one is using, but also from
bugs in the software; so it's hard to keep track, and also hard and tedious
to advance..

    I am honestly feeling a little bit discouraged on all this effort I
have put in Aspect. It's just that I can hardly advance on my research., I
have tons of models I wanna run, but I hardly succeed..

cheers,

Felipe