[aspect-devel] Aspect hangs after several time steps

Timo Heister timo.heister at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 04:09:06 PST 2016

Lev,

I'm not sure what could cause a hang like you observe. Your first goal
should be to make this problem reproducible as quickly as possible
with the smallest number of processors.

> Disabling free surface (changing the top boundary to free-slip) makes the simulation hang after 1 time step

This is great. How many cores do you need to have this happen? If you
can reduce it further? Does this happen with any of the included
cookbooks? If not, please share your input file and all details
(number of cores, when it hangs, etc.).