[aspect-devel] How do you set the finite element type in an ASPECT Parameter file?

Harry Levinson hrlevinson at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 22 15:56:58 PDT 2016

Dear ASPECT Developers,

      I'm a UC Davis student currently doing summer research which involves
the use of ASPECT.

     I'm trying to figure out how to configure an ASPECT parameter file to
use the following types of finite elements:

1. Qd2× Q1

2. Qd3X Q2

3. Qd2× P−1

     I didn't find any documentation on configuring the finite element type
in the ASPECT manual, so I thought I should post the question to this
mailing list.

    I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could direct me to documentation
on setting the finite element type in ASPECT.

    Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Harry Levinson