[aspect-devel] Using of multicomponent

刘梦雪 liumengxue14 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Sat Jun 11 02:55:03 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm working on the topic to research the evolution of the Japan sea.I want to simulate a subduction.I've already read the geometry data of different compositional fields from  an ascii file.Then I tried to specify different material parameters to them,respectively. Multicomponent seems help.But the result does not like what I thought it would be.Here are my files .Any advice would be welcomed.

Besides,when I read the code and the manual of the multicomponent ,I really confused about "each fields represents a rock type",does it mean there is only one material that consist of variable types of rocks,and this plugin gives different rocks a fraction in this material?Can this multicomponent of the material model solve my problems?And what's the difference between component and compositional fields? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Liu