[aspect-devel] Using of multicomponent

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Sat Jun 11 07:48:31 PDT 2016

Hi Liu,

> Multicomponent seems help.But the result does not like what I thought it would be.

In what sense does your result not look like you thought it would?  Was there an error?

> Besides,when I read the code and the manual of the multicomponent ,I really confused about "each fields represents a rock type",does it mean there is only one material that consist of variable types of rocks,and this plugin gives different rocks a fraction in this material?

You can think of each compositional field representing ‘a distinct’ material (or 'rock type').  In other words, each compositional has unique properties assigned by the user in the ‘multicomponent’ material model.  Does this make sense?
> And what's the difference between component and compositional fields?

‘Component’ (i.e. from multicomponent) just means that there are multiple distinct domains that have unique material properties.  Each ‘component’ is assigned those properties based on a specific compositional field.  One compositional field is to tied to ‘each’ component if you will.

Cheers,
John

Assistant Project Scientist, CIG
Earth & Planetary Sciences Dept., UC Davis