[aspect-devel] How ASPECT overcomes numerical diffusion?

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at tamu.edu
Wed May 18 14:07:50 PDT 2016

On 05/18/2016 12:23 PM, Magali Billen wrote:

> I don't know if this is included in the new release or not  - I've cc'd Ying
> to provide more information (I think there is a pending pull request).

This is #864:
   https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect/pull/864

It didn't make it into the 1.4 release, I'm afraid :-( We're short on
reviewers for patches right now, and the release needed to happen before the
hackathon. For patches as large as this, it often takes many hours to review,
days to weeks to address comments, and a couple of cycles of this process to
get a patch through. We ran out of time with this one before the release,
unfortunately.

Best
  Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu