[aspect-devel] How to use Compositional initial conditions/Ascii data model

Liu 452108024 at qq.com
Wed May 18 18:39:59 PDT 2016

Hi ,
Thanks for your reply,it's really helpful,I've solved my problem.What's going wrong is that I set the parameter of the number of compositional fields as 2,but there is only data for one compositional field in my ascii file.Here I have another quetion,take your data in  the file box_2d.txt for an example,

----------------------------------------------box_2d.txt-------------------------------------------------
# Test data for ascii data compositional initial conditions.
# Only next line is parsed in format: [nx] [ny] because of keyword "POINTS:"
# POINTS: 3 3
# Columns: x y composition_1
0.                  0.                   0.
330000        0.                   1.
660000        0.                   0.
0.                  330000         1.
330000        330000         1.
660000        330000         1.
0.                  660000         0.
330000        660000         1.
660000        660000         0.
It is obvious that there is only one compositional field,but if I have 2 compositional fields,and some of the points above belong to composition_1,however,others belong to another,how can I set it in one file ?For example,set the first five points,that is, (0,0),(330000,0),(660000,0),(0,330000) and (330000,330000) in compositional field 1,but the remaining,that is, (660000,330000),(0,660000),(330000,660000),(660000,660000) in compositional field 2.
Could you please explain how to realize it ,and show me in the style above of  box_2d.txt?  Many thanks!

Best,
Liu
2016/5/18