[aspect-devel] Open boundaries + tracers

Rene Gassmoeller rene.gassmoeller at mailbox.org
Fri Nov 25 14:43:23 PST 2016

Hi Lev,

Let me cc this to the mailing list so that others hear about problems
and solutions as well.

Cool model! From what you describe it seems you are doing everything
right so far. What is the value for the 'Load balancing strategy' in the
Particles subsection? In order for the 'Minimum tracers per cell' option
to have an effect you need to at least select the option 'add tracers'
(possibly combine it with others like "set Load balancing strategy = add
tracers, remove tracers, repartition"). This should then generate new
tracers when many others have left that cell. However keep in mind that
the properties of these new particles will be interpolated from the
remaining existing particles in that cell. This might or might not be a
problem for your model.

Let me know about the parameter file option,

Best,

Rene