[aspect-devel] Open boundaries + tracers

Lev Karatun lev.karatun at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:22:48 PST 2016

Hi Rene,

thanks a lot, I actually had the load balancing strategy set to
"repartition", changing it to "remove and add particles" solved the
problem. The manual only lists the possible choices, but doesn't explain
what they do, so I originally went with the default option.
Could you get into some more detail on the strategies, please? Do I
understand it correctly that the option "add particles" enforces the
minimum number of particles in the cell, generating them whenever needed?
What would be the difference between "set Load balancing strategy = add
particles, remove particles" and ""set Load balancing strategy = add
tracers, remove tracers"? And how will the "repartition" strategy work
together with the other listed algorithms? Speaking about the webinar on
particles, does "repartition" correspond to the "balanced repartitioning",
and the rest (except for none) - "particle management"? And for the
"Variable distribution" strategy (mentioned in the webinar), what option do
I have to choose to enable the mesh adjustment according to particles (and
how will it work together with the regular mesh refinement strategy?) ?

Best regards,
Lev Karatun.