[aspect-devel] Far different velocity magnitudes & timestep sizes of the same Ra

Max Rudolph maxwellr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 08:40:37 PDT 2017

How large are the dynamic pressures in these calculations with very large
g, relative to the hydrostatic pressure? The dynamic pressure probably
scales with 1/eta while the hydrostatic contribution is rho*g*d. It would
be interesting to see if these issues persist if you use only the dynamic
pressure in the governing equations, e.g. what is suggested in the manual
on p. 17.