[aspect-devel] New UK User

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 25 13:44:54 PDT 2017

Hi Phil,

Indeed, welcome to the community! Echoing Rene's message below, the
installations on the clusters can at times be a bit tricky. If you do
have any issues, please email this list and more likely than not someone
will have encountered the problem before or have a quick suggestion.

If a number of people are likely to use ASPECT on certain clusters, it
might be worth having the IT folks install Trilinos and p4est as
system-wide libraries. From there, individual users can install there
own versions deal.II and ASPECT, although deal.II 8.5 installed
system-wide would likely be useful as well for most people initially.

You are probably aware of this already, but it is best to stick with the
GNU compilers.

Thanks for taking the initiative to get these packages installed on the
UK clusters! I know of few researchers at UCL and Imperial who likely be
interested in running ASPECT models on the national clusters at some
point in the next few years.

Cheers,
John

John Naliboff
Assistant Project Scientist, CIG
Earth & Planetary Sciences Dept., UC Davis