[aspect-devel] New UK User

Rene Gassmoeller rene.gassmoeller at mailbox.org
Tue Apr 25 13:27:55 PDT 2017

Hi Phil,

welcome to the community! Yes installing ASPECT on clusters can be a bit
tricky, because they often have pretty particular setups for MPI and
math libraries. Getting help from the local IT people usually helps a
lot in these cases, but we can of course also offer help.

You probably saw the installation instructions in the manual, but I do
not know if you had a look into aspect/doc/install already, there is an
example installation script for the STAMPEDE cluster in Texas. From
taking a look at the ARCHER website it looks like a Cray-XC cluster. I
have some experience installing ASPECT on those (one at the HLRN in
Berlin, and the Lonestar also in Texas) and I will send you my notes in
a separate mail (they are a bit messy). Of course the software setup can
be pretty different between those systems so I can not guarantee it
works out of the box.

Let us know how it goes,

Rene