[aspect-devel] More vtu problems

FELIPE ORELLANA ROVIROSA f_orellana at berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 2 12:01:08 PDT 2017

 Hello Lev,

      I have had that problem:

      I think it arises cause your pvtu, vtu file contains too many
nodes/degrees of freedom, the mesh is super refined.

        what do I do: I try to avoid volume (semitransparent )
visualization, and if useful, I try to use surface visualization cause it
is lighter.

       on top of that I plot the velocity using Glyph,

    on this operation, on the glyphs panel, i use Masking, and Glyph Mode:
Every Nth point: > select a stride of..100,  ..500  depending on your mesh..

 (try to use vector mode to get arrows scaling)

   with these two techniques, which can be used independently, or
simultaneously, I can plot large (highly refined mesh) computation outputs,
with Ndegrees of freedom >10^7

hope it helps,

cheers,
Felipe