[aspect-devel] More vtu problems

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 2 12:05:53 PDT 2017

Hi Lev,

When you open the paraview view file are you opening the solution.pvd
file (loads all time steps) or the individual time steps (.pvtu files)
separately?

If you are opening the solution.pvd file, I would be curious to see if
the error occurs for the same time steps if you only load the single
.pvtu file. This would at least help pin-point if this is a "paraview"
problem, rather than something inherent with the files themselves.

My first guess would have been that you ran out of memory as well, but
that is clearly not the case. I have had paraview crashes on my laptop
(16 Gb) with large models and large amounts of output data, but I don't
remember the exact error messages.

Cheers,
John

John Naliboff
Assistant Project Scientist, CIG
Earth & Planetary Sciences Dept., UC Davis