[aspect-devel] steady state problem

Max Rudolph maxrudolph at ucdavis.edu
Fri Dec 1 13:05:08 PST 2017

I also wondered about the best way to do this in the context of trying to
reproduce the Van Keken kinematic subduction zone benchmark.
For that problem, there is no coupling between the energy and momentum
equations (no buoyancy contribution to flow), so it is even simpler than
what you are considering.
Setting the CFL number to a large value is a good idea. I also used the
'additional refinement times' option to do the spinup on increasingly
well-resolved meshes.