[aspect-devel] steady state problem

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at colostate.edu
Fri Dec 1 14:07:44 PST 2017

On 12/01/2017 02:05 PM, Max Rudolph wrote:
> I also wondered about the best way to do this in the context of trying
> to reproduce the Van Keken kinematic subduction zone benchmark.
> For that problem, there is no coupling between the energy and momentum
> equations (no buoyancy contribution to flow), so it is even simpler than
> what you are considering.

Isn't there an option for a 'temperature' only solver that only solves
the Stokes equations once? (But regardless, if the temperature does not
affect the buoyancy, then the previous Stokes solution equals the
current Stokes solution and the Stokes solver should terminate after the
very first iteration.)

Wolfgang Bangerth          email:                 bangerth at colostate.edu