[aspect-devel] Active tracers with AMR

Timo Heister timo.heister at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 11:46:34 PST 2017

Lev,

1. Your .prm was generating floating point exceptions in the "simpler"
model for me: fix https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect/pull/2025
2. during refinement the memory consumption spikes to 10+GB per
process for a few seconds even with a coarser mesh and fewer
particles. I don't know why, but this can cause your processes being
killed. At least on my workstation that was a problem.
3. I am hitting "A cell and all of its neighbors do not contain any
particles. The `cell average' interpolation scheme does not support
this case." after refinement. You might not see this error because of
https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect/pull/2018 (very new).