[aspect-devel] Boundary Temperature

FELIPE ORELLANA ROVIROSA f_orellana at berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 12 12:50:13 PST 2017

Hi,

    I have tried implementing this Dirichlet temperature boundary function,
but I am simply not succeeding. It seems there is something wrong on the
syntax, a declaration, but I cannot detect it after reading the handbook
specifics.

On the model settings I have:
   subsection Model settings
  set Fixed temperature boundary indicators  = bottom, top

And on the temperature subsection I have:

  subsection Boundary temperature model
  set Model name = function

  subsection function
    set Variable names      = x,y,z
    set Function expression = if(z<=0, 1500  + 200*exp(-(16/(2.5e11))*(
(x-6e5)^2 + (y-4e5)^2 ) ) , 300)
 end
end

I have tried permuting the order of the two separate statements (setting
vs. subsection). I have double-checked that I have no other temperature
statements except only for 'Temperature solver tolerance','Reference
temperature','temperature statistics'; and the Initial condition does not
contain the word temperature.

but everything fails stating that there is NO such subsection to be entered:

Line <114> of file <input string>: There is no such subsection to be
entered: Boundary temperature model.function
    subsection Boundary temperature model
      subsection function
Line <115> of file <input string>: No such entry was declared:
    Variable names
    <Present subsection:
        subsection Boundary temperature model

Line <117> of file <input string>: No such entry was declared:
    Function expression
    <Present subsection:
        subsection Boundary temperature model

Line <119> of file <input string>: There is no subsection to leave here!

hope you guys can help me,
cheers,

Felipe