[aspect-devel] Boundary Temperature

Juliane Dannberg dannberg at gfz-potsdam.de
Wed Jan 11 15:39:50 PST 2017

Hi Felipe,

if you want to use time-dependent boundary conditions, you can do that
basically using the same input parameters you sent in your previous
email, you just have to add another Variable name, the time t, in the
'Function' subsection, and then use it in your function expression. This
allows you to have spatially and temporally varying boundary conditions.

To see an example for how that would look like in the 'Function'
subsection, you can have a look at the cookbook "5.2.3 Convection in a
box with prescribed, variable velocity boundary conditions" in the
Aspect manual, which addresses exactly that question (only for the
velocity, and not the temperature, but the idea is the same).

Hope that helps!
Juliane