[aspect-devel] ": internal error: ** The compiler has encountered an unexpected problem.

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 6 10:44:55 PDT 2017

Hi Lev,

There was indeed a speedup between the different optimization levels,
but off the top of my head I can't recall how much. That code was
written in Fortran, used a direct solver, not parallel, etc, so the
observed speedups may be completely different than with ASPECT. It would
be interesting to see exactly how much the code speedups between
optimization levels O0, O1 and O2 for a small model using 1 thread.

Cheers,
John

John Naliboff
Assistant Project Scientist, CIG
Earth & Planetary Sciences Dept., UC Davis