[aspect-devel] Troubles with opening vtk files in Paraview

Juliane Dannberg dannberg at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Jul 21 13:47:11 PDT 2017

Hi Lev,

if I open your file in a browser, I get the same error (which is exactly
where the weird zero characters you mentioned are):

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: file:///home/dannberg/old_home_arbeit/test/solution-00000.0000.vtu
Line Number 434, Column 20:    <DataArray type

So it is definitely a problem with the file (not with Paraview). In
principle, this line should contain the type of the data array
(something like <DataArray type="Float64" Name="viscosity" format="binary">)

Is this a reproducible error, or did it happen only once?

Best,
Juliane