[aspect-devel] Handing nodes problem

HERON, PHILIP J. philip.j.heron at durham.ac.uk
Mon May 22 00:15:48 PDT 2017

Going back to Cedric's point, are there any recommendations for applying multidirectional velocities to a boundary? For example, applying a convergent velocity to the lithosphere and a outflow to the asthenosphere (in horizontal 2D models)? I can't see any examples in the cookbooks where such velocities have been applied - has it been done?

I started looking into this a while ago - will have a look where I got to. >From what I remember, it was very difficult to transition between horizontal directions and sounds similar to Lev's issues.