[aspect-devel] Fwd: Aspect installation error on OS X El Capitan

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Thu Nov 9 06:52:29 PST 2017

> However, I haven't updated my MacBook from El Capitan.
> Probably I am not the right person to test this package now.

Correct. This is only going to work with 10.12.

> 2. Use deal.ii.app version 8.4.1
>   It works on El Capitan, but I wonder if the latest ASPECT can work with ver.8.4.1.

The ASPECT 1.5 requires deal 8.4, but the current development version
requires 8.5 or newer.

> 3. Install deal ii. on mac from source code.
>    Is it easy? Actually, I didn’t it successfully and that is why I used deal ii.app binary.

It depends on your definition of "easy". Check the deal.II wiki and
download page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.dealii.org_download.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=Ngd-ta5yRYsqeUsEDgxhcqsYYY1Xs5ogLxWPA_2Wlc4&r=c08Btfq4m9QEScXN3ZQwLZzzWQE7S8CYq1IYuzKV_Zk&m=9VIUBf-sOUduw3BPBv-xIyy_HimSruEiEKH7LgjYCZs&s=58fpA0BwtvBNV2a2HKeC437nomV03iWzv_GahGv75Qg&e=  I would recommend
using one of the source based installers: homebrew, candi, or spack.

http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/