[aspect-devel] natural strain / geoid / ParaView questions

Jeanniot, L. (Ludovic) l.jeanniot at uu.nl
Mon Nov 13 09:41:56 PST 2017

Hi!

I am Ludovic Jeanniot and I do a postdoc with Cedric Thieulot.
I am currently learning ASPECT and there are several points where I need some enlightenments, please:

1. "Tracking finite strain":
I got confused with Figure 31b. Does the natural strain distribution should be a postprocess output of ASPECT or is it later derived from the strain in ParaView?
Also it would be great to get to know how to add the eigenvectors.

2. "Postprocessing spherical 3D convection":
Is there any references about the methodology and calculation of the geoid anomalies (and possibly with it the dynamic topography)?

3. Cartographic projections:
How is it possible to represent the different cartographic projections in ParaView? Does the unofficial Evenden (2008) library work or is it too old or maybe someone else has another solution?

Thanks!
Ludovic