[aspect-devel] Weird pressure with periodic BC's + direct solver?

Jonathan Perry-Houts jperryh2 at uoregon.edu
Tue Sep 5 15:49:19 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I just noticed that a bunch of models I've run recently have strange
pressure fields (see attached). It only happens with a periodic boundary
condition, and the direct solver enabled at the same time. Any other
combination of one or the other setting doesn't do this.

The velocity fields look correct (as compared to models with direct
solver turned off), so *hopefully* this is somehow just a
post-processing problem. Anyone have insight here?

Thanks!
-JPH

--
Jonathan Perry-Houts