[aspect-devel] error: ‘DEAL_II_FALLTHROUGH’ was not declared in this scope

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Wed Sep 6 04:57:36 PDT 2017

Lev,

> I'm getting an error trying to update Aspect:
>
>> /home/lev/aspect/dealii_debug/include/deal.II/base/utilities.h:670:17:
>> error: ‘DEAL_II_FALLTHROUGH’ was not declared in this scope
>>                  DEAL_II_FALLTHROUGH;

Did you update deal.II? If yes, did you reconfigure (cmake), compile,
and install deal.II after updating?

If not, can you post your ASPECT and deal.II detailed.log files?

> Not sure if it's relevant, but I got the following error when trying to run
> "make install" for dealII (while updating it to the latest version), fixed
> by running it as root (not sure if it's a good enough workaround).

No, that is typically not the right thing to do. You did not set the
install path (-D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=) for deal.II to something you
have write access to. What is the deal.II path that you point ASPECT
to?

http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/