[aspect-devel] Postprocessing scripts

Max Rudolph maxrudolph at ucdavis.edu
Sat Aug 4 11:10:24 PDT 2018

At CIDER last month, several of us were discussing how we postprocess
output from ASPECT to make figures or calculate derived scalar and vector
quantities. While some postprocessing tasks are commonly used and warrant
the development of postprocessor modules, it seems that many are not, and
it might be worth including some functions to read aspect output files to
minimize the time invested by various users in developing more specialized
postprocessing scripts on their own. For instance, we have scripts to read
aspect output from 3D spherical geometry calculations in vtk or h5 format
and convert to lat/lon/depth grids in vtk format, etc. Would the aspect
developers be interested in including a collection of postprocessing
scripts in matlab and python within the main aspect repository?

Max