[aspect-devel] Postprocessing scripts

Marine Lasbleis marine.lasbleis at elsi.jp
Sun Aug 5 20:01:32 PDT 2018

Yes, sure Wolgang :-)

So far, I have done test runs, so basics info like average velocities
and direct visualisation with paraview were enough.

But to be able to do a good comparisons with existing results, I'll need
things like horizontal averages (of composition, temperature,
velocities) and difference between the field and the horizontal average
(of composition, temperature). But the horizontal here is average over a
sphere, so I am guessing the post-processors are not so easy. (to get
average radial profiles)

I'm definitely not used to paraview, and I'm more used to do all my data
processing by hand... So a good tutorial on how to implement that with
paraview or equivalent, with a scripting (I usually have several dozens
of runs to process at a time) would be nice :-) But so far, I think that
a way to obtain a list of the points and values in the volume (without
duplicates), and maybe something to do the interpolation at required
points would be nice.

Best,

Marine