[aspect-devel] read parameter file with Python

Marine Lasbleis marine.lasbleis at elsi.jp
Tue Feb 20 20:51:33 PST 2018

Hi,

I’ve run a bunch of runs, and need to go through all of them (and process a couple of things).
I’m using Python (because… I’ve been using it before, and it usually works fine).

Is there any already existing script that would take the parameter file and process it to use the variables in Python? Like a dictionary with everything?
I usually do the opposite (I make parameter files for other projects in a way they can be read as a dictionary), so not sure if it’s easy or not. It may be obvious, so sorry if I missed it!

(My point here is: I have about 20/30 runs, I want to take the maximum velocity at the end of each runs — if they reached steady state —, and plot it as function of two parameters from the parameter file. I could do it “by hand”, but I am guessing there is a easier way?)

And is there any place with interesting Python scripts to use with ASPECT? (or any interest if I start to put mine somewhere? I have a notebook for reading the statistics file that I made for a student working with me on ASPECT)

Best,
Marine Lasbleis

=====
ELSI Research Scientist