[aspect-devel] XC-30 / ASPECT 2.0

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 1 10:32:37 PDT 2018

Hi Marine,

In addition to the installation on ARCHER, ASPECT has been tested on at least two other Cray machines (HRLN in Germany, Blue Waters in the U.S.). In both cases ‘candi’ was used to install deal.II after Rene did quite a bit of work on this front.

Are you currently using candi to install deal.II or are you compiling each package (p4est, Trilinos, deal.II, etc) manually?
If you are not already using candi I highly recommend doing so.

Here is the link to the candi package and the file that tailors the installation for a Cray architecture:
https://github.com/dealii/candi <https://github.com/dealii/candi>
https://github.com/dealii/candi/blob/master/deal.II-toolchain/platforms/contributed/cray.platform <https://github.com/dealii/candi/blob/master/deal.II-toolchain/platforms/contributed/cray.platform>

Aside, this is a good reminder that we should add a note about this type of installation to the ASPECT wiki.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
John