[aspect-devel] Problem running ASPECT on Stampede2

FELIPE ORELLANA ROVIROSA f_orellana at berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 28 16:38:09 PDT 2018

 Hi all,

       I have installed ASPECT on Stampede2.

       I am getting error when running the test example parameter file for
3D convection.

       I am pasting the error message at the end. It fails on not getting
the instruction for linear solver tolerance. At first I was using 16 nodes,
1088 cores. Then I used 1 node, 68 cores.

    Do you guys have a clue on what is happening?

    Should I compile the debug version?

cheers,
Felipe

ibrun /work/04020/unfelipe/software/candi/aspect/aspect exAsp.prm
TACC:  Starting up job 1692989
TACC:  Starting parallel tasks...
-- This is ASPECT, the Advanced Solver for Problems in Earth's ConvecTion.
--     . version 2.0.1 (aspect-2.0, 2863594)
--     . using deal.II 9.0.0
--     . using Trilinos 12.10.1
--     . using p4est 2.0.0
--     . running in OPTIMIZED mode
--     . running with 68 MPI processes
-- How to cite ASPECT: https://aspect.geodynamics.org/cite.html

    Line <18> of file <input string>: No entry with name <Linear solver
tolerance> was declared in the current subsection.

ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 0. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.
ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 3. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.ERROR: Uncaught exception in
MPI_InitFinalize on proc 8. Skipping MPI_Finalize() to avoid a
deadlock.ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 12. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.
ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 16. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.
ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 34. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.
ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 55. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.
ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 58. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.
ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 62. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.
ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 65. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.
ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 66. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.

Exception 'dealii::ExcMessage ("Invalid input parameter file.")' on rank 0
on processing:
ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 1. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.

ERROR: Uncaught exception in MPI_InitFinalize on proc 4. Skipping
MPI_Finalize() to avoid a deadlock.