[aspect-devel] We are moving ... the mailing list

Rene Gassmoeller rene.gassmoeller at mailbox.org
Tue Oct 9 11:38:11 PDT 2018

Hi all,

as mentioned, we (thanks, Tyler!) now activated the automatic forwarding
from the mailing list to the new forum. A few things to keep in mind
during the transition:

- Every email on the mailing list will create a discussion on the forum
so that the conversation can happen on either platform. Answers on the
forum will unfortunately not be forwarded to the mailing list to prevent
mails bouncing back and forth between the platforms (complicated
solutions to this have been considered and we opted for the simple way
out). We encourage you to use the forum as much as possible, but keep in
mind that users who are exclusively subscribed to the mailing list will
not see your reply until they transition to the forum.

- Every email on the mailing list will generate an auto-reply to the
sender that explains the transition.

- We currently plan to keep the mailing list active until the end of
October and switch off the delivery of emails by Oct 31st. It will still
send the auto-reply afterwards to let everyone know about the change. Of
course if we discover severe problems with the forum this date could be
extended.

Do not forget after you signed up for the forum to click on the ASPECT
category, and set it to 'Watching' or at least 'Watching first post'.
Otherwise you will not be notified about new discussions. You can change
this setting by clicking on the little circle next to the 'New Topic'
button on the top right, above the list of all ASPECT topics.

https://community.geodynamics.org/c/aspect

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum.

Best,

Rene