[aspect-devel] Using NetCDF in ASPECT

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at colostate.edu
Tue Sep 11 16:37:10 PDT 2018

On 09/11/2018 04:10 PM, Kodi Neumiller wrote:
> I was curious as to whether or not Aspect is compatible with NetCDF?
> I would like to use NetCDF inside of Aspect to access data outside of
> Aspect and pass it into the aspect executable.

There is no generic infrastructure in ASPECT (or deal.II) to read data
via NetCDF -- but there is also no reason why any particular plugin
couldn't read data via the NetCDF library in the same way as we
currently read ASCII files ourselves.

How one would do that of course depends on what exactly you want to do!

Wolfgang Bangerth          email:                 bangerth at colostate.edu