[CIG-ALL] Announcing the release of SPECFEM3D_GLOBE_V3.6 & SPECFEM3D_BASIN_V1.4

Viola Carter viola at gps.caltech.edu
Wed Oct 25 08:28:49 PDT 2006

Dear CIG member:

We are pleased to announce the release of V3.6 the global & regional
seismic wave propagation package SPECFEM3D_GLOBE. The new release may be
obtained through the Computational Infrastructure for Geodynamics (CIG)
website:

http://www.geodynamics.org:8080/cig/software/packages/seismo/specfem3d-
globe/

A detailed manual for V3.6 may be downloaded here:

http://www.geodynamics.org:8080/cig/software/packages/seismo/specfem3d-
globe/manual_SPECFEM3D_GLOBE.pdf

The updated package includes a wide variety of 1D reference models,
accommodates 3D attenuation, 3D anisotropy, kinematic sources, and has
adjoint capabilities. In addition, information & scripts related to
post-processing of data and synthetics are provided.

At this time we are also pleased to announce the release of V1.4 of our
basin code: SPECFEM3D_BASIN. The new release may be obtained through the
CIG website:

http://www.geodynamics.org:8080/cig/software/packages/seismo/specfem3d-
basin

A detailed manual for V1.4 may be downloaded here:

http://www.geodynamics.org:8080/cig/software/packages/seismo/specfem3d-
basin/manual_SPECFEM3D_BASIN.pdf

The updated package includes half-space & layer-cake models as well as
an updated 3D southern California model, accommodates 3D anisotropy &
kinematic sources, and has adjoint capabilities. Information & script
related to post-processing of data and synthetics are provided.

Best regards,

Dimitri Komatitsch, Qinya Liu & Jeroen Tromp