[CIG-ALL] Important Request from Peter Olson

Ariel Shoresh ariel at geodynamics.org
Thu Oct 26 08:22:11 PDT 2006

Dear Members of the CIG Community,

You may have heard that the National Science Foundation is considering
developing a national geosciences computational facility that will have
sustained petaflops performance.

In light of this, the CIG Science Steering Committee (SSC) is seeking to
determine the computational needs of our community. Our initial survey
issued a few weeks ago elicited only a limited response. Now we have posted
a new survey at

http://www.geodynamics.org:8080/cig/priorities/cs-needs-survey

asking critical questions that we think are essential in formulating a
response to the NSF. This new survey is multiple choice and will take only a
few minutes of your time.  Please (!!!) assist us in this effort, by
visiting the above URL and participating in the survey.

Sincerely,

Peter Olson
Chairman of the CIG Science Steering Committee