[CIG-ALL] newly elected officers for CIG

Mark Richards Mark_Richards at Berkeley.EDU
Tue Sep 18 09:41:46 PDT 2007

Dear CIG Community,

	I am writing to let you know the outcome of our recent election
to fill positions on the CIG Executive Committee (EC) and Science Steering
Committee (SSC). The following people will be our new officers filling 3-year
terms:

EC:
Peter Olson
Carolina Lithgow-Bertelloni
Alan Levander

SSC:
Bruce Buffett
Jeroen Tromp
Omar Ghattas

	Thanks to all who agreed to stand for election, and thanks also to
all of our outgoing members of the EC and SSC for their service to
CIG. I should
point out that I am one of those on the outgoing list. Among the duties of the
new EC and SSC will be selecting their respective new chairs.

	Best to all,

		Mark Richards

--
Mark A. Richards
Executive Dean
e-mail: Mark_Richards at berkeley.edu

Professor of Earth and Planetary Science
307 McCone Hall, MC 4767
University of California, Berkeley
ph: 510-642-8560