[CIG-ALL] NSF Supplement Opportunity from CISE and OCI (cloud computing)

Sue Kientz sue at geodynamics.org
Thu Mar 18 16:47:31 PDT 2010

This funding opportunity for supplements to use cloud computing may be
of interest to members of the CIG community.
------
This message is sent to make you aware of an announcement on NSF's
Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) web site that
potentially could represent an opportunity for our communities.  The
announcement indicates CISE will entertain supplement requests to
existing awards or Early-concept Grants for Exploratory Research
(EAGER) to use the Microsoft's Azure services platform (cloud
computing).  An internal group will review the Foundation-wide
requests and recommend awards to CISE/OCI.  This announcement, posted
in early Feb., has gone largely unnoticed and we bring it to your
attention so it can be shared appropriately with your communities.
The deadline for supplemental funding to existing awards and/or EAGER
awards is April 15.   Details can be found at

http://www.nsf.gov/cise/news/2010_microsoft.jsp