[CIG-ALL] Reminder - CIG Business Meeting, December 6th, 2011 at AGU

Ariel Shoresh ariel at geodynamics.org
Fri Dec 2 09:17:52 PST 2011

Morning all:

CIG BUSINESS MEETING at AGU
CIG BOOTH at AGU
CIG BOOTH PRESENTERS
CIG ABSTRACTS at AGU

AGU – CIG BUSINESS MEETING, TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2011

Please join us at the AGU Fall Meeting for the annual CIG Business Meeting,
being held in the Market Room, December 6th, at the Parc 55 Hotel, 3rd
Floor, 55 Cyril Magnin Street, San Francisco.

As in previous years, we will open with a reception with light refreshments
from 6 to 6:30 pm, followed by the Business Meeting from 6:30 to 8:30pm.

We hope to see many of you there! If there are items you’d like to raise,
please send me an email at ariel at geodynamics.org, and I will send it on to
the meeting committee.

AGU – CIG BOOTH AT NSF STREET – REQUEST FOR
VOLUNTEERS/POSTERS/PRESENTATIONS

The National Science Foundation has asked CIG to participate in the NSF
Street Booth Fair.  We have put together a spreadsheet to help staff the
booth (sheet 1), as well as for “presentation” slots – virtual or in
person (sheet 2), should you wish to show your most recent CIG-related work
to get more
engagement with the Community.  Please view the slots here – and let me
know if you would like to participate, with the preferred slot time, your
presentation title, and a link to the file. (Poster is fine, we will have a
large TV that can show a ‘virtual poster’ for the time period as well).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsHOnhMW-_NrdDNFS1VXdFRiVGRSM19zWXpGZUs2R0E

We will be located at booth 1127.

CIG BOOTH PRESENTATIONS
We have several CIG collaborators at the booth, who will be available for
comments or questions about CIG code.

Wolfgang Bangerth–ASPECT, deal.ii
	2:30 – 4:00pm, Tuesday, Dec 6
	2:30 – 4:00pm, Thursday, Dec 8

Charles Williams – PyLith
	9:30 – 11:00am, Wednesday, Dec 7

Walter Landry, GALE/GAMR
	1:00 – 4:00pm, Thursday, Dec 8

Eric Heien,  CIG Codes
	1:00 – 2:30pm, Tuesday, Dec 6
        1:00 – 2:30pm, Wednesday, Dec 7

AGU CIG-RELATED ABSTRACTS

Below is a link with a list of CIG-code related science for those
interested in possibly using CIG codes in real-world applications.

http://geodynamics.org/cig/community/documents/agu2011

--
Ariel Shoresh
Administrator, Computational Infrastructure for Geodynamics
ariel at geodynamics.org