[CIG-ALL] Reminder - CIG Business Meeting at AGU, abstracts submission, CIG Booth

Ariel Shoresh ashoresh at ucdavis.edu
Mon Nov 26 10:55:32 PST 2012

Morning all:

Please join us once again for the CIG Business Meeting, on Tuesday, December 4th, from 6-8:30pm.  It will be located at the Parc 55,  55 Cyril Magnin Street,  San Francisco,  in the Market Street Room.

There will be a reception with h'ors d'oeuvres, soda and water, along with a cash bar from 6-6:45pm.  The meeting will follow from 6:45pm to 8:30pm.  The main topics of discussion will be the work of
CIG over the past year, along with open discussion with community members on some of the recent NSF initiatives, as well as developments in High Performance Computing.

We would love to have you join us!

Also, please keep an eye out for an email from Louise Kellogg, soliciting CIG code-related abstracts being presented at the AGU this year. Like last year, we will be happy to post your abstract and session,
so that interested members of the geophysics community will be able to see your work.

We will also have a booth, like last year, as part of NSF Street.  This year the exhibits are being held in the North Building of the Moscone Center.  Our booth number is 5340.  Turn left upon entering, and you can find our
booth along the Entrance-side wall, near the end of the row.  The booth will be open from 9:30 to 6pm Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday,  and then open from 9:30 to 1:30 on Friday.

There will be opportunities for those using CIG code to meet other users at the booth to answer questions, or share concepts.  We have a booth staffing/presentation google doc set up, that we will post before the AGU,
so that interested parties can plan to meet up. We also would be happy to present PDFs of CIG code-related posters and presentations as well on our TV screen.

If you would like to sign up either for booth service (Staffing page) or if you'd like to submit a pdf of your poster (presentation page), please go to the google link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsHOnhMW-_NrdEJpeDB2WWZqTWlaNWhUcHI4bUxvU2c#gid=0

Thank you for participating, and we look forward to seeing everyone at the AGU this year.

Yours,
Ariel Shoresh